Thursday, October 15, 2009

MONSTERS OF ROCK Castle Donington 17th August 1996

Kiss, Ozzy Osbourne, Sepultura, Korn, Type O Negative, Dog Eat Dog & Fear Factory

I love Kiss, and the chance to see the original line-up in full make-up was enough to bring me out of Donington retirement. There were rockets, Gene flew up to the lights to sing “God Of Thunder” and Paul really started to get on my nerves with his on-stage banter.

PS: Every since we formed Kiss we wanted to come to Donington and kick your ass!
Me: Bollocks Stanley, Kiss formed in 1972 and this event didn't start until 1980!

The woman in front turns around to me.

Woman: Look I've driven up all the way from Cornwall for this and you are pissing me off. Will you shut the fuck up!
Me: And who's gonna make me?
Woman: Him!

She nods towards her boyfriend. He is about seven feet tall with muscles on his teeth. I agree to shut up. Cue Duckworth standing next to me to throw in as many interjections as possible. Safe to say he and I never went to a gig together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment